Food science and technology
There are various levels to get opportunities in this field such as chemical engineering, biochemistry, and biology to help for understanding food processes and improve food products for the general public. Career option is wide in this field like Food Scientists & Technologists use principles of chemistry, engineering, microbiology and other sciences to ensure food safety and agricultural productivity. Even in the field of technologist discovers new food sources, analyses nutrition content and finds different ways to process, package and preserve food.
The career opportunities in the field of food science and technology
- Nutritional therapists
- Food technologists
- Product development scientists
How to peruse a career in food science and technology
There are many options which are
- Clear Class XII in Science Stream with PCB/PCM (English is mandatory)
- Graduation- Pursue B. Tech. (Food Science) for 4 years
- After Graduation- Pursue M. Tech. (Food Science), Pursue M.Sc. (Food Technology) for 2 years, Pursue Diploma in Food Technology for 1 year.
- After Post Graduation- Pursue Ph.D. for 2-3 years/Job
- Studying this course including some colleges have Moths as a mandatory subject in Class XII.
- The aggregate passing marks should have 50% in the class 12th.
- The minimum age limit should for a candidate is 17 years for the B. Tech course.
Top universities for striding this course is
- VNMKV University- Maharashtra
- University of Agricultural Sciences- Bangalore
- An and Agricultural University- Gujarat
- Govind Vallabh Pant University Of Agriculture and Technology- Uttarakhand
- Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology- Udaipur, Rajasthan
Top Food Science and Technology Institutes in the World
- Cornell University- United States
- University of Florida- United States
- University of British Columbia- Canada
- Federation University Australia- Australia
- University of Lincoln- United Kingdom
The advantages and disadvantages of this career
- It provides different carrier options worldwide and any companies may recruit for different jobs
- Very fewer people are perusing this career so opportunities are wide.
- For perusing this career food science require you to have a high level of education, sometimes even a doctorate level.
- Sometimes time will take you to get a job.
Thank you & Share it with others to help!!
Related Articles You May like
- 1 Food science and technology
- 1.1 The career opportunities in the field of food science and technology
- 1.2 The advantages and disadvantages of this career