Are you searching for railway careers after B.Tech? The fad for Government jobs among youths in India is unparalleled and humongous. Each year, thousands of candidates aim for IAS, UPSC, and bank jobs. Another sector that is very much popular is Indian Railways. In this article, we will talk about the eligibility criteria for railway jobs in India after class 12, and B.Tech.
Railway Jobs Eligibility Criteria
The railway services in India are classified into cadres – non-technical and technical. They are then further divided into four groups- A, B, C and D.
- Among these groups, group A and group B are the official cadre posts. The engineering staff, medical staff, and the officials come under group A and group B. The exams for group A are conducted by Union Service Public Commission.
- Group C is the secondary staff positions like clerks, supervisors, and skilled labour. Group D comprises of unskilled labour. The exams for group C and group D are conducted by the Railway Recruitment Control Board.
Eligibility Criteria for Group A, Group B, Group C, and Group D Railway Jobs
- GROUP A: For group A posts one should have a bachelor’s degree in engineering, medical or any other relevant stream. For OBC/SC/ST, the eligibility is HSC with PCM or equivalent.
Age limit: 32 years (relaxation for OBC/SC/ST candidates)
- GROUP B: There is no examination from group B as the group B bureaucrats are promoted from the group C cadre by the railway. When there has been a specific time for which the employee has been serving the railway in group C then he is promoted to group B
- Group C: 10+2 is the eligibility criteria for ticket collector and graduation or equivalent. The age limit varies from 30 to 33 years.
- GROUP D: For this post, the staff includes trackmen, porters, gatemen, etc. Group D railway job opportunities are published on all the national newspapers and the online portal of RRB.
How to Get Railway Jobs after B.Tech or BE?
Most of the vacancies in technical departments of Railways ask for a minimum 55% marks in BE or B.Tech.
After clearing B.Tech, you can appear for the following exams:
- RRB JE SSE
- RRB ALP
- RRB NTPC
- Indian Services Examination (IES), conducted by UPSC
- RRC Group D Exam
- Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
RRB Exam Preparation
- Understand the RRB Selection Procedure
This step comprises the process which is followed by Railways for the recruitment of students.
- Skill Test
- RRB Online Test
- Document verification
- Medical Fitness test
- Understand the RRB Syllabus
This is a computer based test and it is essential to know updated syllabus to crack this test. Students can get themselves ready by practicing with the previous year papers and mock test.
Understand the RRB Exam Pattern
Knowing the RRB Paper Pattern will be helpful for the students preparing for their RRB exam.
- It is very important stage to succeed in exam.
- Time duration
- Number of questions
- Languages are provided in which RRB online test.
- Negative marking scheme
These are some tactics that need to be followed to crack the railway exam.
- Life-changing IT jobs in India by 2020
- About FedEx Company and Services provided by FedEx
- What are key changes in the upcoming job openings
- Key points of decent candidate before hiring for job in 2020
- Top Job Selection Patterns to Watch Out For 2020
- 6 Incredible upcoming government Job opportunities by 2020
- Computerization will influence nations jobs in various manners
- The changes in job openings over all nations
- Nowadays what will the future of for jobs, skills, and wages
- Best Things You Can Peruse Before You Start Your New Job