MEA SCHOLARSHIP 2017
MEA SCHOLARSHIP 2017 – ELIGIBILITY
The students need to meet the following criteria to avail the scholarship:
- Annual family income must be less than INR 1,50,000 per year.
- Student must be enrolled in an accredited Engineering College or University for at least a 4-year (8 semesters) or 5-years (10 semesters for B.Arch) course leading to a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Technology, Computer Science, Architecture or Naval Architecture as a first-year student in 2017.
- Ranked lower than 5000 (1 to 5000) in the Govt. of Kerala Engineering Entrance Examination (KEAM Rank) or National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) score greater than 110 (For B. Arch students)
- Scored above 85% marks in Class X and XII examinations
MEA SCHOLARSHIP 2017 – IMPORTANT DETAILS
- EligibilityFirst-year students of Kerala
- Purpose/AwardsDollar 600/ year for four/five years, subject to academic performance
- Important DatesOnline Deadline: Oct 15, 2017
- Contact Details Permanent Address: Malayalee Engineers’ Association 8303 S.W. Freeway, Suite # 335 Houston, Texas 77074 Mailing Address: Malayalee Engineers’ Association 8303 S.W. Freeway, Suite # 335 Houston, Texas 77074 Email Inquiries: email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone Inquiries: President : 832-488-7790 Treasurer : 713-737-5141
HOW TO APPLY
Application procedure to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Download the application form.
Step 2: Click here to download Recommendation Letter Form.
Step 3: Fill in all the required details.
Step 4: Attach all the necessary documents.
Step 5: Finally, send the application form through email at email@example.com.
Official website – www.meahouston.org
Attach the scanned copies of the following documents with the ‘Detailed Scholarship Form’.
- Marksheets of Class X and Class XII Examinations attested by the Principal or Head of the Department of the Engineering College where the student is currently enrolled
- Marks-list and Rank Certificate of the Govt. of Kerala Engineering Entrance Examination
- Income Certificate including all sources, issued by Tahsildar / Village Officer.
- ‘Recommendation Letter Form’ completed and signed by the Principal, Headmaster or teacher of the school where the student studied for class X or XII.
- If parents or guardians are daily wage workers or labourers or engaged in agriculture, trade or business, a statement explaining the type of work, labour, agriculture or business must be submitted.
- Details of awards and honours received in extracurricular activities.
- An essay by the applicant describing any financial difficulty or special circumstances that merit special consideration during evaluation of the application.
- A statement providing details of scholarships, grants and non-repayable financial awards the student may be receiving from sources other than MEA Houston. Include amounts, duration of payment, source’s name and basis of award in your statement.