The English section of SSC CGL examination 2020 is that area where you can score maximum marks if you wish. Just you need to follow certain simple steps to achieve the goal in this section. Moreover, most of the candidates get puzzled in this section. They cannot figure out the ways to handle this section in a wise manner. Before discussing the tricks to crack this section in a proper way lets first understand the objective of the SSC CGL examination board to introduce this section in this examination. The basic objective to design the questions in this section is to understand the depth of knowledge and the understanding of the candidates in this section.
What successful candidates opines about this section?
In a research study conducted on 100 successful SSC CGL examination candidates of the previous year, they have put forward their opinion that it takes less time to answer English language and the comprehension part compared to other sections of the examination. The English section of SSC CGL examination 2020 is that area where any student can easily score maximum marks to the best of their ability. But for that, they need to have a strong grip on English Grammar rules and on comprehension skills along with Vocabulary usage.
Now let’s see some of the important tricks candidates can follow in order to achieve the desired result of their choice.
Tips to crack the English language section for SSC CGL examination 2020
- First, understand the distribution of the marks:- Understanding the distribution of marks will help you to figure out a plan to crack this examination successfully. The entire English section is being divided into three sections first is Vocabulary
section that comprises of 48% of the marks, Second is the usage of grammar where you need to have a strong grip on grammatical rules which comprises of 32% of the marks and lastly the Reading Comprehension that comprises of 20%
of the marks. Hence if you can prepare by disintegrating each part then you will get guaranteed success. The questions asked in this section are quite straight forward and easy so scoring chances will be higher.
- Work on your vocabulary:- If you want to crack this examination successfully then you need to be very strong in the vocabulary section. There are certain ways using which you can improve upon it. Consult the online Thesaurus as it is the easiest way to memorize the words where both the words and its opposite meaning are highlighted at the same place. Create a word list of your own where you can easily note down the words in a notebook at least 10-20 new words each day. Proper usage of online Flashcards this will help you to remember new words that you learn each day. For that, you need to have mobile tablets or smartphone.
- Improve Your English grammar:- For scoring well in this section the basic thing that a candidate needs to follow is to go through the rules of the grammar first. In questions like spotting errors or fill in the blanks with appropriate words will require your absolute knowledge of the grammatical rules to score well in this area. Therefore try to memorize each and every concept by understanding each and every area in a proper and accurate manner. This will only help you to provide the chances to score high marks in this section.
- Work on your reading comprehension skills:- Reading comprehension skills is a vital area where you can score marks very easily. For that, you need to develop a habit to read any article or passage in a very fast and to grasp the core insights of the passage to develop the answers for the questions that are being asked from the comprehensions. Reading newspapers, business magazines, storybooks, novels and online blogs and articles will help you become proficient in developing these skills that can help you to crack this section very easily. Just you need to be very vigilant in this section in each and every nook and corner of the passage.
- Make proper time management:- Solve the vocabulary section first, then the grammar section and last the comprehension section this will help you to cover the entire paper in a very small span of time and you can easily score well in this section. This is the most appropriate and sure sort technique to save time in the examination hall to score more marks in this section.
Hence if you can follow the above-mentioned technique in the examination for cracking the SSC CGL English section 2020 then you will surely score more marks in this section compared to other candidates who are appearing in the examination of SSC CGL Tier -1 in this year. Try to be as quick and logical for attempting the questions in this section.