The UGC (University Grants Commission) has now invited the applications for PG Scholarships for Professional Courses for SC/ST 2020-21which is open Professional Courses for SC/ST 2020-21. The candidates pursuing the postgraduate courses in professional subjects can apply for this scholarship The primary aim of the scholarship to give financial aid to the students at post-graduation level studying professional courses who are deprived due tot financial conditions.
Here is the eligibility criteria:
1. The candidate must belong to the category of SC/ST
2. The candidate must be in his or her first year of pursing post-graduation course, studying professional subjects.
3. The candidate must be studying in the following institutes, universities or colleges:
– Universities, Institutions, Colleges that are included in the section 2(f) & and 12(B) of UGC Act
– Universities, Institutions, Colleges that have the funding from either state or central government.
– Institutes that have a national importance
– Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and the universities are eligible to be able to receive grants from UGC.
Note: The courses that require mandatory approval from the regulatory bodies are considered to be professional courses such as:
- NCTE Bar Council of India
- Forensic Regulatory & Development Authority of India,
List of documents that are required to be submitted:
1. Scanned copy of Aadhar Enrolment/Aadhar Card
2. Fee receipt of current course year
3. Self-attested copy of previous academic mark sheets
4. Clear and recent photograph
A total 1000 SC/ST will be provided will be selected for the scholarship. All the ME/M.Tech. students in the scholarship will be given INR 7,800 per month in their 2-year PG program. Students studying for other professional course will get INR 4,500 per month.
Note: Students will get no additional grants
1. 31st December 2020 – Scholarship last date
2. 15th January 2021 – Last date for verification
Procedures to Apply:
Here are the basic steps of how students can apply for the Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship:
1. Visit the official link to apply: https://scholarships.gov.in/fresh/newstdRegfrmInstruction
2. Make sure you go through the guidelines.
3. Then select on the category of scholarship, state, type of scheme, gender, full name, mobile number, email address and date of birth.
4. Make sure to provide the full bank details such as – Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number
5. Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number which is needed for identification details and click on ‘Register’.
6. The registered mobile number will receive the OTP.
7. Login to the form using the OTP.
8. An ID and password will be generated
9. Fill your form correctly, attach the relevant documents and click on submit