About the Program:
The UGC (University Grants Commission) has now invited the applications for the Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship which is open to the single girl child for 2020-2021. The girl students of up to the age of 30 years who are the only child in the family can apply for the scholarship. The primary aim of the scholarship is to promote the education of the single girl child to compensate for their education at every level.
Here is the eligibility criteria:
1. The girl student should be the only child of the parents.
2. The girl child’s age should be up to 30 years
3. The girl child should have taken admission in a regular, full-time 1st year master’s degree program in a recognized college.
List of documents that are required to be submitted:
1. Scanned copy of Aadhar Enrolment/Aadhar Card
2. Fee receipt of current course year
3. Self-attested copy of previous academic mark sheets
4. Clear and recent photograph
5. Affidavit confirming the status of the girl child
A total of 3000 single girls will benefit from this scholarship who will be chosen across the country. A sum of INR 36,200 per annum will be provided to each one of them for a duration of 2 years of their post-graduate course.
Note: Students will get no additional grants
1. 16th August 2020 – Scholarship Announcement Date
2. 31st December 2020 – Scholarship last date
3. 15th January 2021 – Last date for verification
Procedures to Apply:
Here are the basic steps of how students can apply for the Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship:
1. Visit the official link: https://www.ugc.ac.in/sgc/
2. Make sure you go through the guidelines.
3. Then select on the category of scholarship, state, type of scheme, gender, full name, mobile number, email address and date of birth.
4. Make sure to provide the full bank details such as – Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number
5. Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number which is needed for identification details and click on ‘Register’.
6. The registered mobile number will receive the OTP.
7. Login to the form using the OTP.
8. An ID and password will be generated
9. Fill your form correctly, attach the relevant documents and click on submit
Application Link: https://scholarships.gov.in/fresh/newstdRegfrmInstruction