About the Program: The Post Graduate Merit Scholarship For University Rank Holders 2020-2021 is a scheme of UGC (University Grants Commission), Government of India for all the university rank holders of the year 2020-2021 – The 1st & 2nd rank holders of the graduation in entire India.
The primary aim of the scholarship is to give a push to the determined boys and girls out there to study for their post-graduation and help them with monetary assistance.
Here is the eligibility criteria:
1. The applicant must be below the age of 30
2. The applicant must score either a rank 1 or 2 in its latest graduation exam
3. The applicant must have at least 60% throughout in graduation
4. The applicant must have completed his or her graduation in the following areas:
– Life sciences
– Physical sciences
– Chemical sciences
– Earth sciences
– Mathematical sciences
– Social sciences
The list of documents needed by the applicant:
1. Matriculation certificate
2. Scanned copy of Aadhaar card/enrolment
3. Attested copy of university’s undergraduate degree
4. Verification certificate issued by the institute
Benefits: The selected applicant will give financial assistance of NR 3,100 per month for a period of two years.
The important dates are as follows:
1. 31st December 2020: Scholarship closing date
2. 15th January 2021: Last date for defect & Institute verification
Procedure to Apply:
Here are the steps to apply:
1. Visit the official website and click on ‘Apply Now’.
2. After reading the guidelines, click on the undertaking.
3. Then select on the category of scholarship, state, type of scheme, gender, full name, mobile number, email address and date of birth.
4. Make sure to provide the full bank details such as – Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number
5. Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number which is needed for identification details and click on ‘Register’.
6. The registered mobile number will receive the OTP.
7. Login to the form using the OTP.
8. An ID and password will be generated
9. Fill your form correctly, attach the relevant documents and click on submit.