The career in plant and breeding and genetics
There are many career opportunities in the field of plant and breeding and genetics. Now a day’s plant breeding can be accomplished through various techniques ranging from selective breeding of plants with desirable characteristics for propagation, to more complex molecular techniques that can help the candidate to earn a better profit. This concept is practiced worldwide by farmers and gardeners and those who are more interested in by plant breeders employed by organizations such as different universities and colleges, crop-specific industries and other chemical industries, research centers and government institutions.
Career opportunities in this field
- Plant scientists
- Rural practice surveyor
- Soil scientist gathers
- Agricultural consultants
- the agro-industry sector makes jobs
- Agricultural technicians, graders, agricultural consultants, veterinarians, agricultural statisticians, etc.
- Various corporations viz. National Seed Corporation
- Farm managers
How to peruse a career in plant and breeding and genetics
- Clear Class XII in Science Stream with PCB/PCMB
- Graduation- Pursue B. Sc Agricultural (Hones.) for 4 years
- After Graduation- Pursue M. Sc in specialization for 2 years
- After Post Graduation- Pursue Ph.D. for 2-3 years/Job
Some important facts
- Studying this course including some colleges have Math’s as mandatory subject in Class XII.
- The aggregate passing marks should have 50% in the class 12th.
- The minimum age limit should for a candidate is 17 years for the B.sc course.
Some top colleges to peruse studies
- Acharya NG Ranga Agricultural University, Hyderabad-Hyderabad
- Anand Agricultural University-Gujarat
- Indira Gandhi Agricultural University-Chhattisgarh
- Junagadh Agricultural University-Gujarat
- Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology-Udaipur, Rajasthan
Top colleges in the world
- Cornell University-United States
- University of Florida-United States
- Wageningen University-Netherlands
- University of California, Davis-United States
Advantages and disadvantages of this profession
- It provides different carrier options worldwide and any companies may recruit for different jobs
- Very fewer people are perusing this career so opportunities are wide.
- Low salary
- There is danger in the use of chemicals.
Thank you & Share it with others to help!!
You May Like