Railway Recruitment Group D exam is conducted in October-September. With a bit of hard work, candidates can get through Group D easily. Candidates should know RRB Group D syllabus comprehensively. Apart from this, candidates should perform the earlier years’ question papers of RRB Group D and crack mock exams.
In the railway jobs exam Group D, the Reasoning section has 30 questions, the Maths section has 25 questions, GK has 20 questions, and General Science has 25.
Here are some preparation tips for Group D as per the subjects:
The questions here will be of Standard 10 and 12. Applicants can refer to their high school books to understand the subjects. Go through all the vital chapters of Science. Listed below are some simple guidelines for General Science.
- Understand the fundamentals of each topic
- Jot down the vital topics
- Set timings to amend the chapters
- Candidates should take out at least 3 hours every day to work and improve this section
- Try to know the concepts instead of cramming
- Solve questions from previous years’ question papers or sample papers.
- Candidates should take help from NCERT books. They have outstanding material to study from.
- Candidates should know the shortcut methods of solving questions
- Attempt mock tests to assess your preparation for the exam
- Speed and Accuracy is necessary for the numerical ability
- Pay attention on building your strong areas
- Also, candidates must revise the formulas for different topics and apply them well
- Understand the concepts and formulas
- The students should not rely on the shortcuts but have the clearance of methods thoroughly
- Candidates should practice every day
- Find out your weaknesses and work towards enhancing those areas
General Intelligence and Reasoning
The Reasoning section consists of a number of topics. The only way to outshine in this section is an in-depth understanding of topics and regular practice.
- Candidates should find the significant and less significant topics
- Fortify logical skills by resolving puzzles
- Practice this section to score good marks regularly
- Candidates should attempt mock tests
- Candidates can try their hands on games which demands logic and reasoning
- Pay attention on revision as it will assist candidates in recognizing their weak areas
General Awareness and Current Affairs
This section evaluates general knowledge skill of a candidate. Most questions in this section are asked from the subjects on current affairs in Technology, Science, Culture, Sports, Economics, Personalities, and Politics etc. Candidates must keep themselves up-to-date in regards to the recent events. To score good marks in this section, read newspaper, watch current affair videos daily, note down important points, and revise them regularly.
General Tips for Group D exam
- Candidates should build accuracy and speed
- Candidates before starting with the preparation should know the exam pattern and syllabus.
- Learn from mistakes after every mock test
- Candidates should keep themselves centred and clear towards their training
- Discuss with your peers to share knowledge
These are some of the tips to refer to crack Group D exam.
Other Links –